Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Random thoughts during study breaks

If you struggle with wanting to save mementos - everything from old boarding passes to tickets from museums and plays, Snapchat can be good practice. Well, at least it is for me.

I have albums of loved ones on my phone. It's great how much easier it is to take and send images (thank you, iPhones). At my parents house I have boxes of organized photos waiting to be added to actual albums or scrapbooks. Whenever I download digital files from my camera I have a hard time eliminating any, even the blurry ones - I save them "just in case".

For people with pack-rat-ism in their blood (let's reserve the term "hoarder" for particularly severe cases), Snapchat is a good practice of self-discipline. I could Instagram the picture or Whatsapp it and it would save to my phone. But Snapchat allows me to share the moment and move on. I'm sure some treasures will be missed out on, but good to practice letting go, even of small things. 

(And as all the teenagers sending inappropriate pictures are warned - these photos are all backed up in some "cloud": so be careful. Or in my case ... That treasure would just take some dedicated detective work to find - it's not really gone.) 


At the library studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment